Gone in a day.
For the exact recipe please check Here Or follow me to get the accidental version.
100 gm plain flour
1tsp Baking powder
120 gm sugar + 2 tbsp + 3 tbsp sugar for the the crumble
1 tbsp + 1 tsp vanilla extract
75 gm unsalted butter + 1 tbsp butter (chilled)
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries (I used frozen)
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp ground almonds (opt)
Icing sugar to dust (Opt)
- Line the bottom of 7″ inch spring form pan with parchment paper. And grease the sides with butter & flour
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Mix in together 3 tbsp sugar , 1 tsp vanilla and 1 tbsp chilled butter till it form crumbs. Refrigerate.
- Place strawberries with 2 tbsp sugar in a food processor. Use the chopper blade. Pulse 3 times. We want the chunky pcs not the puree.Refrigerate.
- Sieve & mix together flour , BP & salt
- Now we will start making the batter. Start by beating the butter & sugar till light & pale.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs alternating with the flour. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl from time to time.
- Add in the milk until combined.
- Pour a thin layer of the batter on the greased pan.
- Spread the prepared strawberries leaving 1/2 inch from the sides.
- Pour over the remaining batter in dollops
- Now sprinkle the prepared sugar topping with ground almonds.
- Bake for 45 minutes @ 200 degrees.Insert the toothpick to check.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- Sprinkle icing sugar (optional) before serving.