This booked has helped me lot in honing my baking skills. All the recipes given there gives excellent result.
When I was getting married I gave away all the books I had to my sisters & cousins. But not this book. Sorry dears I am not ready or ever will be to part with it.
Sorry guys I am going gaga over this book. I have an too much emotional attachment to it.
Now back to the recipe.
Cherries to decorate (opt)
Icing sugar to sprinkle (opt)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C .Grease or line the tray.
- Melt butter and stir in cocoa powder.Set aside to cool
- When cool add in chopped nuts (I used almond)
- Beat together sugar, eggs and vanilla essence
- Fold in the sifted flour
- Pour the mixture on the greased tray and bake for 20- 25 minutes.(Depends on your oven) , until risen
- Do the skewer test.When done remove from the oven.( The mixture will be still be quite soft and a little wet., but it cooks further while cooling).And leave it to cool in the tray.
- When cool cut into squares and sprinkle icing sugar or powdered sugar & garnish with cherries.