Today we have with us a very special person who has a lots of importance in my being who I am.
She is the one who guided me through life
She is the one who taught me to find goodness in a person.
She is the one who consoled me when life was rough
She is the one who taught me to laugh in times of difficulties
She is the one who led me by her own example
She is the one who I admire in each part of life
She is one whom I can depend on forever
She is the pillar of strength
I am just the narrator of the recipe here. The entire dish is prepared by her. Photographed by my beautiful sister(well well well she also has some surprise for us in store which will be disclosed as this event continues).
So here comes the recipe. Enjoy …….Would love all your kind feedback.
Recipe serves 3-4 people
1 green chilly (can be added more for more spice)
1tbsp ginger paste
1 tbsp garlic paste
1 tbsp salt (adjust acc to taste)
2 tbsp oil
1 big potato cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 big tomato cut in 1/2 inch slices
1 big onion cut into 1/2 inch slices
oil for shallow frying
1 tbsp crushed black pepper (Adjust to your spice level)
3 -4 tbsp coriander powder
- In a pressure cooker mix no I ingredients & cook till gosht becomes tender for 2 -3 whistles.
- Prepare the no II ingredients.
- Heat oil. Start with shallow frying the potatoes. Once done remove & keep aside
- Removed 3/4 oil from the pan & fry the onions for a minute. Remove & keep aside
- Now remove all the oil from the pan & place tomatoes on it. fry on both the sides till it gets some color but not mushy. Keep aside
- Now we will start layering our veggies on the previously cooked meat/ gosht.
- First of all spread the fried potatoes. Sprinkle black pepper powder, then chopped coriander
- Now comes the fried onion.Sprinkle black pepper powder, then chopped coriander
- Lastly spread the fried tomatoes.Sprinkle black pepper powder, then chopped coriander
- Close the lid of the cooker & keep it on dum on a medium flame for a minute.(or till one whistle)
- Ready to be served with roti. Don’t forget to garnish with fresh coriander leaves.