I did not have maple syrup, so I added a bit of golden syrup and it complemented nicely with the bread.
This recipe is worth a try. Specially for those who are not much into pumpkin.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease the loaf pan.
- Mix together dry ingredients:flour, baking powder, ginger, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredient:sugars, pumpkin, melted butter & eggs.
- Add in the flour till combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan & bake for an hour until the cake stick inserted in the center comes clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes & invert on a wire rack. Cool completely.
- While the cake is cooling prepare the glaze.
- Heat a pan, add in the butter. Butter will start melting & turn brown.
- Remove from heat & add in golden syrup & vanilla whisking continously.
- Next add in the icing sugar.Mix well.
- Add in cream & salt. Whisk till you get the pouring consistency.
- Drizzle this icing on the cooled cake. Slice & Njoy!!
* After drizzling the icing , cover & keep to avoid cracks & dryness.( I forgot mine in on the counter top overnight), though it doesn’t change the taste but the nice shiny icing would be nice.
* I would increase the quantity of ginger powder by 1/2 tsp , as the taste of pumpkin is bland more ginger would have made it more delicious. But again it is a personal preference.