For the Roll:
3 eggs separated
90 gm Flour
90 gm Powdered sugar
1 tsp BP
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp warm water
4 tbsp of icing sugar or powder sugar
For the Syrup
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup granulated sugar
For the Frosting
5 oz. bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Bake the roll:
- Line the tray with butter paper
- Sift baking powder & flour
- Beat egg white to form stiff peaks.
- Add yolk & beat. Now add sugar.
- Fold in sifted baking powder ,flour & essence.
- Now add warm water.
- Pour the batter on the lined try.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15 20 min or till done.
- Lay the kitchen towel. Sprinkle sugar on it.
- Invert the roll from the oven when done and remove the parchment paper.
- Roll to form a log.
- Keep aside to cool.
Make the syrup
- Combine sugar & water.
- Heat to make a syrup.
- Prepare the double boiler.
- Combine the chocolate and cream
- Set the pan over it. Remember it should not touch simmering water in the bottom pan
- Whisk until well blended.
- Keep aside to cool
- Unroll the cake & brush liberally with the sugar syrup.
- Spread the thin layer of frosting and roll again.
- Frost the top and sides of the roll with the remaining frosting, using long, rough strokes.
- Garnish with strawberry & njoy.