Ohh, kk. Now everything came back like a flash.For those who are not aware , the two characters of this serial were pictured raving about the magnolia bakery cupcakes. And this had created a craze for this cupcakes in 1990’s. Magnolia bakery had opened its first branch in UAE, at the Galleria Sowwah, now also at Dubai Mall.
My Google search also led me to the recipe too, which this bakery has shared with their fans. And here is my creation to it. Though they have opened their branch in Dubai, I have still not visited this bakery. Its on top priority now.Till then , I will just enjoy my creation.
I have halved the entire recipe along with the frosting. Makes around 12 cupcakes.
Ingredients (Source: Magnolia Bakery)
For the cupcakes
95 gm self rising flour
80 gm all purpose flour
115 gm unsalted butter cut into cubes
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs @ room temperature slightly whipped
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the frosting
170 gm butter unsalted & soft
315 gm powdered sugar (sieved)
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
drop of pink color
- Preheat the oven @180 degrees for 10 minutes
- Mix & sieve self rising & all purpose flour. Mix in butter & pulse twice in a food processor till you get the sandy texture
- Now mix in the slightly whipped eggs followed by milk & vanilla.
- Mix till all blended.
- Pour a scoop of the batter in cupcake liner & bake for 14 – 15 minutes till done.
- When done it will bounce back on touching.
- Completely cool
- Beat butter till pale & creamy.
- Add in rest of the ingredients.
- Add the drop of color.
- Use accordingly
- I have used food processor for preparing cupcake. Use of beater is also fine.
- This cupcakes tastes delicious with frosting.
- Can be stored at room temperature for 3 days.