Bringing you today a cake with the flavors of lemon.
A simple cake to whip
175 gm self raising flour
175 gm sugar
175 gm unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 lemon zest
1 orange zest
3/4 cup sugar
juice of 2 lemons
- Beat butter & sugar till light
- Add in egg alternating with flour.
- Fold in vanilla & both the zests
- Pour the batter in the loaf tin.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15 min @ 190 degrees.
- While the cake is baking prepare the syrup by mixing in sugar & lemon juice. Heat on medium heat till sugar dissolves.
- When the cake is baked removed from oven & pour the warm syrup over the cake.
- Cool the cake completely & then invert it.
- When cooled it will form a crumbly crust.