Its time for Baking Partners challenge. This time Arthy Shama of Cooking with ArthyShama had given us two types of Crackers. Saltine & Graham Crackers.I have opted for Saltine cracker
This a yeast based cracker. Yes I am trying to befriend with yeast again. Don’t know the reason but my migrane triggers with active dry yeast. But with Instant yeast , I am OK.
To the recipe.
3/4 cup flour
Pinch Baking soda
1/2 tsp sugar
1 & 1/4 tsp instant yeast
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
2 drops of vinegar
1/4 cup lukewarm water
Extra flour for dusting
For the topping
· 1 tsp sea salt
- Bring together & boil no II ingredient in a vessel till butter is melted. Cool till lukewarm
- In a separate bowl mix together all dry ingredients (I)
- Add water & the lukewarm wet ingredient to the dry mixture to form a sticky dough
- Cover keep in the fridge overnight. *Note: Dough wont rise too much.
- Next day remove the dough from the fridge & bring to room temperature
- On a working table, dust the flour
- Roll the dough & then fold to form an envelope
- Turn it to 90 degree, fold and then roll into very thin sheet.
- Cut into squares & prick with fork or tooth pick. sprinkle with sea salt
- Transfer to baking sheet. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 10 -12 minutes or till light brown.
- When done transfer to wire rack & cool.
- Can be stored in an airtight container.