How do you introduce your namesake ? Hehe. Well today we have with us an educator Huma Zeenat from easyrecipeguideforworkingwomen.blogspot.com. Her blog has quick, no fuss recipes specially for working women. Lets check what she has in store for us.
Ramzaan is the ninth month according to Islamic Lunar calendar. Ramzan (written as Ramadan) is derived from the Arabic root word ‘ramida’ or ‘arramad’ that means intense scorching heat and dryness, especially of the ground. Ramadan is so called to indicate the heating sensation in the stomach as a result of thirst. Others said it is so called because Ramadan scorches out the sins as it burns the ground. Some said it is so called because the hearts and souls are more readily receptive to the admonition and remembrance of Allah during Ramadan, as the sand and stones are receptive to the sun’s heat.Ramzan, the ninth month of the Islamic lunar calendar, is observed as a fasting period by Muslims, whoabstain from food and water from sunrise to sunset. Muslims wake up early morning for the pre-dawn ‘sehri’ meal renouncing food and water during the day before breaking their fasts in the evening. The sumptuous evening meals are known as ‘iftars’ which they do together!!
I am Shaikh Huma Zeenat from the blog easyrecipeguideforworkingwomen.blogspot.com . I love cooking and try out making different different dishes & cuisines!! I first try out by myself the recipes and then share it with u all!! I enjoy cooking.
Today, I am sharing with Schezwan Chicken Masala.
Chicken (boneless) – 500 gms
Ginger-garlic paste – 3 tsp
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Schezwan sauce – 2 tbsp
For Masala :-
Oil ( left over after shallow frying chicken)
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Onions, medium – 6, finely chopped + additional 2 cut into small cubes
Ginger- garlic paste – 3 tsp
Coriander powder – 3 tsp
Red chilli powder – 1 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1 1/2 tsp
Tomatoes, medium – 4, finely chopped
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Capsicum, medium – 2, cut into small cubes
Schezwan sauce 3 tbsp
Cream – 1/2 cup
Coriander leaves, chopped – 1/2 cup
- Marinate chicken pieces with all the above ingredients for 45 mins – 1 hr. Then mix 1 tbsp corn flour & shallow fry it in a pan using 1/2 cup oil. When turns golden red, remove it & keep aside.
- In the same pan, using the left over oil, heat oil, add cumin seeds & chopped onions.
- When onions turns golden, add ginger-garlic paste.
- Saute & add coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt, garam masala powder & chopped tomatoes. Cover & cook till tomatoes turns soft and oil leaves the masala.
- Then add onion & capsicum cut into cubes.
- Stir fry for 3-4 mins and add schezwan sauce & 1/2 cup whisked cream.
- Cover & cook for 5-6 mins.
- When done, check the seasoning, can add little salt & crushed chilli flakes if required. Then add 1/2 cup coriander leaves and mix well
- Serve hot with roti, tandoori roti, zeera rice!!