It’s time for winding up the ‘Ahlan Ramadan-the Healthy Way‘ event. We had a wonderful time hosting this event & giveaway. Inspite of all our busy schedules, we managed to handle this event quite nicely. Thank you Rafeeda and Hasna for being such wonderful co-hosts.
We did receive 112 entries from bloggers and 6 from non-bloggers. Recipes are so good and I kept staring on all the pictures while I was working on the round-up . Thank you all who took few minutes from your busy schedule to link in recipes and make this event a big success! We couldn’t include a few recipes in this round-up as some blogs do not have option to save their pictures and we didn’t receive any reply for our messages also. We shall update this page as soon as we get those pictures. If there is some entries that I missed or did some mistake with the names or link, please do send me a message or mention in the comments below so that I can rectify. I can’t conclude without mentioning a few names who linked in most number of entries to this event; Priyas easy N tasty recipes, Delectable Flavors and Babi’s recipes ; Thank you girls !
There were 1140 Rafflecopter entries and three Lucky winners among them are:
1. Sujitha Sasikumar won USD 15 gift card from Amazon.com.
2. Lucky winner for Amanda Rettke’s Surprise-Inside Cakes Book is
2. Shamla Jaheer is free to choose one among these gorgeous suits from Nav Varn
Entries linked in to the Event:
1. Shepherd’s Pie from Suji’s Cooking Lab
2. Baked Meduvada with Tomato Chutney from Home Cook Food
3, Mango/Pineapple Coolatta from Home Cook Food
4. Summer Pudding from My Style of Recipes
5. Apple Pola from Fam’s Culinary Recipes
6. Kebab-e-murgh from Ainy Cooks
7. Stuffed chicken Cheese Bake from Ainy Cooks
9. Peanut Balls from Priyakitchenette
13. Amla Rose Punch
14. Mango Chaat
17. Green Gazpacho
31. Nombu kanji from From My Own Kitchen
32. Wheat Samosa from Fam’s Culinary Recipes
34. Bread Bajji
37. Onion Poha
38. Chickpeas Pulao
39. Eggless Kulkus
41. Gulkhand Ice tea
43. Dried Peas Chaat
44. Bread Pizza
46. Mirch ka saalan
48. Chicken Kurma
49. Mango Phirni
52. Chana Dal cake from Tasty Dining
53. Chicken Majboos from Fam’s Culinary Recipes
54. Bottlegourd cowpeas curry from Sara’s Tasty Buds
55. Barnyard mililet pongal from Priya kitchenette
61. Tangdi Kebab
62. Veg. Fried Rice
65. Corn Puttu from Priyas Kitchenette
70. Peas Mutta Fry
98. Shish Tawouk
99. Chicken Fajitas
100. Kaale chane ke kebab
- Eggs,hard boiled and cut lengthwise- 5 nos
- Egg white,lightly beaten-2 nos
- Oil- for shallow frying
For coconut chutney:
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Green chilies-3 to 4 nos( according to taste)
- Ginger-1/2″ piece
- Garlic- 3 cloves
- Curry leaves-1 sprig
- Coriander leaves,chopped-2 or 3 tbsp
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Salt-to taste
Combine all the ingredients listed under ‘ For coconut chutney’ in a blender and grind to a paste.
Cover each egg piece with the prepared chutney.(over the cut surface.)
Evenly dip this in egg white and shallow fry carefully.
Serve with tomato sauce.
- 1 cup rice
- 1/4 cup chana dal
- 1/4 cup urad dal split with skin
- 1/4 cup toor dal
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- About 1 inch piece ginger chopped
- 1-2 green chili adjust to taste
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 teaspoon oil to grease the baking pan
- 8×8 baking pan, for this recipe I prefer glass baking pan
- Wash and soak rice, chana dal, toor dal, and urad dal in about four cups of water for at least four hours.
- Drain the water and blend soaked rice, lentil, ginger, green chili to lightly coarse texture, (try not to use any water). I prefer to use food processor, add yogurt, turmeric, salt, sugar and asafetida, blend it again for few more seconds. Transfer the dal mix into a bowl and let the mix ferment for about 10 to 12 hours.
- Add the opo squash, 2 tablespoons of oil, lemon juice to the fermented dal mix and mix it well. Add ENO to the mixture and mix, this will make the handvo mix light and fluffy.
- Grease the 8×8 baking pan generously and pour the handvo mix into the greased pan. Tap the pan; it will help spreading the mix evenly.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds over the handvo batter.
- Heat the oil for seasoning in a small pan over medium heat, after oil is moderately hot add the mustard seeds and asafetida as mustard seeds crack, turn off the heat.
- Drizzle the seasoning over the top of the sesame seeds.
- Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place the pan on middle oven rack and bake at 350 degree F, preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 20 minutes until top of the handvo is light golden brown or until knife inserted in center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the handvo cool off for about 15 minutes. Cut them in sixteen pieces. Handvo is ready to serve.
Ginger garlic paste 1tbsp
Onion chopped 1/2 cup
Rose petals 1/4cup
Green chilly 5
Ghee 1/2 cup
Dalia (broken wheat) 1/2cup
Oats 1/4 cup
Chana daal 1 tsp
Masoor daal 1 tsp
Urad daal 1 tsp
Sesame seed 3 grams
Cumin seeds 4 grams
Cloves 2 grams
Pepper corns 3 grams
Cinnamon sticks 2 inch
Shahi jeera 2 grams
Kabab chini 2 grams
Milk 1 cup
Fried onions 1/2 cup
Curd (optional) 2 tbsp
Coriander 1/2 bunch
Mint chopped 1/2 bunch
1.take a bowl add kabab chini,shahi jeera,green cardamom,cinnamon sticks,pepper corns,cumin seeds,moong daal,chana daal,almonds,oats,broken wheat,mix this all togather put it into the blender and make a powder
2.heat ghee in a pressure cooker,add ginger garlic paste,saute it and add chicken pieces,add chicken stock,mix it well,add fried onions,rose petals,curd,green chilly,chopped coriander,chopped mint,salt and add prepared powder,mix it well and put lid on and let it cook for 2 whistles in a high flame and reduce flame n cook it for 40 minutes in a slow flame.
Then take potato masher and mash it like a paste,add ghee,mix it and switch off the flame and add lime juice.mix it well.serve hot.