On my visit she asked me to prepare a daily chart for her to eat when she is hungry. She is avoiding sugar . And some foods are giving her a nauseous feel. So I am trying to form a daily food regime about liquids and the dishes she can eat , prepared with minimum fuss and quick to prepare. As my eldest sister is with them 24X7, it is a challenge for her to take care of both my parents together and feeding them with nutritious food. She is our family’s soup queen preparing delicious soups. So with one soups, we are trying to have one side dish too and an array of snacks with some quickie lunch ideas.
Today I have brought my mom favorite Swiss Roll. Came across this recipe few months back on my dear friend Rafee space and I knew ammi would love it. Made one alteration. Omitted sugar and replaced with same amount of honey. Not a bit difference in taste or texture. Flavored with my homemade strawberry conserve
- Crack the eggs in a bowl & add pinch of salt
- Beat for about 30 sec till foamy.
- Add in two tbsp of honey and beat on high speed till double in volume
- Add in vanilla essence and flour.
- Beat till all is mixed.
- Grease the non stick pan. Pour the prepared batter on it. Cover with a lid
- Now put the prepared pan on the lowest gas flame for about 5 -6 minutes.
- When the batter does not stick to your finger it is ready
- Remove the prepared roll on a tissue paper.
- Spread the strawberry conserve /jam on it
- and roll it.
- Keep for 5 to 10 mins and cut & serve.