Assalamo alykum & Hello everyone. Today we have reached the last phase of Ramadan. The last ten days. And hopefully all our ibadats must have increased ten fold.Today is also the day to post for mena club. Ramadan being the busiest month , we were given the theme to prepare any dish related to Mena Region.I have chosen Algeria and have prepared Maaquoda. Years back , I had bookmarked the recipe of Maaquoda to try from Algerian cuisine. I have been very fascinated about this regions cuisine with its influence of arab & european culture.
This recipe of Maaquoda is similar to our Indian potato patties with only a difference of adding up of the egg. The spices used are minimum but gives a succulent taste. These little maaquoda patties are later covered in flour and deep fried for a cruncy exterior.
Makes 15 to 20 patties
- 250 gm potato boiled
- 2 stalks of green onion chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves chopped
- 3 green chilly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red chilly powder
- 1 small size egg
- 2 tbsp bread crumb
- Plain flour to cover the patties
- oil for deep frying
- Mash the boiled potatoes & mix with all the given ingredients in (I)
- Make patties about 1 & 1/2 inch.
- Dust the flour on the patties to cover all the side
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Deep fry the patties till golden brown.
- Remove & serve hot with ketchup.