A pan of milk with a handful of vermicelli & sugar, stirred with loads of love. It was treat for a summery afternoon after returning from college.A simple recipe but when motherly love is added it becomes special.
Reminiscing the golden memories of college days, when hunger striked, ammi used start weaving her magic with these three ingredients. What made it more special was the love poured in the each stir.
Till the last spoon!!
Serves ( 5 – 6 person)
1 ltr Milk
10 tbsp sugar
1/4 cup vermicelli
1 tbsp rose water or essence
Mix of nuts ( almond, cashew & Pista) and coconut powder
Silver leaf to garnish
- Pour milk in a pan. When it boils add it the vermicelli.
- Stir till thick about 3 -4 minutes
- Add sugar. Stir for few more minutes
- Remove from flame , and add in rose water.
- Garnish with coconut powder followed by nuts and silver leaf.
- Serve hot or cold.