Recipe Serves 3
For the Marination
Chicken 450gm + 1/4tsp Red Chilly powder + 1/4 tsp Coriander powder + 1/4 tsp turmeric powder+ 1/4 tsp ginger garlic paste + 1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil
For the gravy:
1/2 cup onion paste (2 onions)
1/4 cup oil
Whole garam masala
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 1/2 tbsp curd
1 glass water + 1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
Dry Roast below separately & Ground to paste with 1/3 cup of water
2 tbsp peanuts
2 tbsp coconut powder
1 /2 tbsp seasame seeds
NOTE* We need heap 1 tbsp of the above roasted masala. Rest can be stored in air tight container for 1 month.
4-5 tbsp chopped coriander, 3 green chillies
- Marinate the chicken with red chilly powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, ginger garlic past & salt. Keep aside covered with 10 minutes
- Heat non stick pan with 1 tbsp oil. Place chicken. Cook for a minute on each side.
- Heat oil in a deep vessel. Add in whole garam masala
- When it crackles, add in onion paste. Fry till translucent.
- Add in ginger garlic paste. Fry for a minute. Or till the raw smell is less.
- Add in all the dry masalas & stir few times.
- Put the vessel off the flame & add in whipped curd. Stir well.
- Add in fried chicken, roasted masala, black pepper, garam masala. Mix well
- Fry using 1/2 cup water till oil separates. This process is called Bhunna.
- Add in chopped coriander, slice green chillies.
- Add in a glass of water. Cook covered till chicken is tender. Keep the gravy according to your required consistency.
- Serve hot with Roti, Rice or Khubz.