Today I am sharing with you the recipe from my in laws place Amrawati in Maharashtra. The beauty of this recipe is you can make it fast.All ingredients go in one pot and you have a dish packed with flavors in each spoon.
500 gm chicken
1 medium size onion chopped
5 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/3 cup curd
1 glass rice
whole garam masala (Shah jeera 1/2 tsp, 2 cloves, 4 black pepper corn, 1/2 inch cinamon, 1 bay leaves)
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1Big spoon oil + 1 tbsp ghee
1 & 1/2 glass of water
- Heat oil & ghee in a deep pan or pressure cooker. When oil is hot, add whole garam masala.
- When garam masala crackles, add the chopped onion.
- When onion becomes light brown, add ginger garlic paste. Fry well for few minutes till smell disappears.
- Add black pepper powder & garam masala powder.
- Remove from stove & add whipped curd . Fry for few minutes
- Now add chicken.
- Now add slit whole green chillies & coriander.
- Add the water and salt.
- When water comes to a boil, add rice.
- Pressure cook on high flame till 3 wistles and then on simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- WARNING:-HAVE PATIENCE. OPEN THE COOKER ONLY AFTER ALL THE STEAM HAS VENTED OUT.
- Serve hot with Burhani.