Serves : 3
Ingredients & Method
1/2 cup oil
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
Whole garam Masala ( 1 black cardamom, 3 pepper corn, 2 cloves, 1/2″ cinamon)
2 tsp chopped coriander
II. Grind to a paste 1 tomato + 2 tbsp curd
1 large onion Birasta (Check Note below) grinded with enough water to form a paste
IV. Prepare all the masala with 1/4 cup water
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp salt (Adjust to taste)
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1 glass water
- Heat oil in a pan ( can use the same oil in which onion were fried*)
- Add in whole garam masala.
- When it crackles add in ginger garlic paste. Fry till the smell vanishes.
- Now add in masala paste (IV). Fry for few secs
- Add in chicken & fry for few minutes till it releases its juices ( approx 2 min)
- Now goes in birasta paste (III).Fry for few minutes
- Add in tomato curd mixture (II). Cook till oil get separated.
- Lastly add chopped coriander & a glass of water.
- Cover & cook till chicken is tender.
- The consistency of this gravy is thin as it is eaten with Naan.
Slice the onions in moon shape. Add it in hot oil till light brown. Drain & keep it on a kitchen towel. When cool it is crisp. Can be stored for a month in fridge .Use as required.