And a meal is never complete without daal.
But what happens when the dal takes center stage.
Side tracking the veggies & some times the non veg too..
Hmmm!!! It mostly happens in my house.
And What about you?? Do share………..
1 cup Mung Daal (without skin) soaked for an hour
2 cups water ( Depends on the type of daal you are using)
3 tbsp oil
1 medium sized onion chopped
1 tomato chopped
1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp red chilly powder (Adjust acc to your taste)
1 tsp Thecha
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 green chilly
1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat oil in a pan. When hot add in chopped onions & cook till pale.
- Add in turmeric powder & stir well
- Now add ginger garlic paste & cook for a minute till smell (of ginger garlic paste) subsides
- Add in Thecha. Stir.
- Now goes in red chilly powder & salt.
- Mix in chopped tomatoes
- Cover & cook till tomatoes are mushy.
- Next goes in Dal. Stir
- Now add in chopped coriander
- Add water. Cover & cook till dal is cooked ( Press a piece of daal, if it gets crushed between fingers it is done).
- Garnish with coriander & green chillies & serve hot with parathas,rotis or rice.