Eid is never complete without Sheer Khurma…..
Each house has different version. This is mine
Recipe for Sheer Khurma
Server 4 -5 people.
1 ltr milk
10 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tbsp vermicelli
3 pods green cardamom crushed
few pinches of saffron
5 -6 dry dates (Khurme / Chuare) slice n juliene
3 tbsp almonds, pistachio, cashew (Mix of dry fruits)
1/2 tsp almond powder
1/4 tsp dry coconut powder
2 -3 tbsp pure ghee
1 green cardamom
- Boil the milk with crushed cardamom on a medium flame around 10 min.
- In a separate pan heat ghee. When hot, add in green cardamom & clove.
- When it crackles add in the sliced chuare & cook till it slightly changes its color.
- Add in dry fruits and the vermicilli. Roast it stirring continuously for a about a min.
- Now add in dry coconut powder. Stir quickly , remove from flame &carefully add it to the boiling milk. ( Take care it will splatter as tempering is added to boiling milk)
- Cook for few min & add the almond powder.
- Lastly add in the sugar & saffron. Adjust the sweet levels.
- Remove & serve hot.