Just follow the recipe.
Serves: 4 -5
Time: approximately 24 hrs along with freezing.
For our optional cream cheese / Hung Curd
400 gm Yogurt /Curd
Strainer & vessel to keep strainer.
- Keep the cheese cloth on the strainer.
- Pour over the yogurt.
- Keep the strainer on the deep vessel so all the water drain out
- Keep overnight in fridge.
- Remove and now ready to use for our cheesecake.
- We will need 200 gm for our recipe. The amount of cheese you get after all the liquid has drained out depends on the water content of yogurt.
For the Base
7 – 8 digestive biscuits / Marie biscuits
5 tbsp of melted butter
1/3 cup of sugar
- Crush the biscuits and pour over the melted butter and sugar.
- Mix proper.
- Spread evenly on the cheesecake pan pressing downwards
- refrigerate for half an hour
For the top layer
200 gms Hung yogurt / cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Beat the cream till double in volume adding little sugar at a time
- Mix in the yogurt
- Take out the prepared biscuit base from the fridge (II)
- Spread the prepared cheese layer evenly (III)
- Refrigerated for 5 -6 hours.
# Strawberry Glaze
100 gm strawberry fresh or frozen
3 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp of water
Method for the glaze: Mix all the above in a pan & cook for 3 to 4 minutes or till the strawberry turns mushy. Puree in grinder or food processor.
- Pour the Strawberry glaze on the prepared cheese cake.Spread evenly
- Cut into pieces & serve.