Chicken Seekh Kebab is spicy , succulent & melt in mouth kebabs & perfect for barbecues and filling for a wrap or sandwiches.
Assalamo alykum. How is your 2nd day of Ramadan going on ? Well for me today , it was quite a busy day with making adjustment with office work. Sunday being the first working day , I was loaded with my office work and the time for iftar arrived pretty soon. For these kind of days , I have pre planned meals stocked up in my fridge. So Chicken Seekh Kebab made a huge entrance at our dastarkhwan. We filled our grilled kebabs in our Samoon bread
The recipe of Chicken Seekh Kebab is quite easy. You should know by now how I am a huge fan of quick and easy peasy recipes. And the best thing is , it can be stocked up in freezer.
To the recipe.
- 500 gm chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
- 1 small size tomato
- 1 small size onion
- 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chilly
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp of mint
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1/2 tbsp crushed whole red chilly
- chopped 2 green chilly
- 1 tsp oil
- Oil for basting
- Grind together tomato , onion , ginger garlic paste ,2 green chilly & salt to form a fine paste.
- Now mix in the prepared paste (step 1) with chicken cubes and using a food processor or grinder ,pulse to form a paste. No water has to be added
- Remove in a bowl & add chopped coriander, mint & green chilly. Add in the crushed red chilly flakes and oil. Mix to combine.
- Now take a bamboo stick. With wet hand roll the prepared paste on it and shallow fry on medium heat for 5 -6 minutes on both sides or grill in preheated oven at 160 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot with green chutney and sliced onion.
- Water has not to be added at any stage as onion and tomato will release it’s own water.